Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Sleepless nights

I've had problem with sleeping since I was kicked out from job, but I think it's something that happens when you don't have to get up early. Now I'm going to sleep at 2-3:00. It's beginning to look like I'm able to work at night, while back some time I was too tired to do anything but stay awake.

I'm going to start game testing of Teemu by going through each level theme and see if I can survive them. I guess I need to forget about really big adjustments to the game engine, just to get the actual game released before 2010. That's what I'm planning anyway.

It begins to look like the backlight bleed problem of my Fujitsu laptop is a part of bigger conspiracy (yeah, a real one!) of leds causing it all and they just sell that shit to people. It's my typical luck to get my first laptop just when they started to manufacture led backlight screens. Of course the bullshitting must come to an end, but before that a lot of people have lost their money and will never get it back.

1 comment:

Jotaf said...

I know that going to bed late and waking up late is not healthy but that doesn't keep me from doing it! Since I don't know any other schedule, I basically forgot what it's like to have a regular night of sleep. Hey ask Toady from DF how he does it.

My rule of thumb: never buy any hardware that hasn't been around the market for 6 months - 1 year. Give them time to adjust their manufacturing processes and update their drivers. Coincidentally, the people I know who like to always have the most recent gadgets are the ones who complain the most about malfunctioning stuff. But the new gadgets are *so* shiny... :)