Monday, 2 August 2010

Happy joy

I'm almost happy when I soon get to try if new door class in Teemu is actually working. It's joyous to see that the door opens when you open it, and closes when you close it. What could be more fun? And you know it's a game object, not just a terrain tile.

I have "solved" the object map vs. list -problem by using a simple base class map for quick collision test and when the actual derived object handle is needed then just go through a std::list to find it. I guess map/multiset/hash/crack/whatever could be cleaner and faster solution, but I don't know how to use them and/or I don't have enough intelligence to understand how they actually work.

I really don't know if I can finish Teemu v1.2 before ARRP, but it doesn't look that good. Making new object types and creating a common interface for abstract base class is kind of time consuming job, but I think once I get it running it's easyish to add more object types.

No comments: