Friday 9 August 2013

Pixel drawing tool project

Brick Atelier is a tile based drawing tool, but I have wondered if I could take good parts from that project and create a new drawing tool with regular canvas as drawing surface. It would solve some problems you have in tile based style, but also add new features I have never tried to program.

I have an idea for new type of user interface, but I have to try it first to see if it works. User interfaces are cool topic, because there always seems to be something to improve in them.

This time I could also try to think an alternative solution to SDL, because it doesn't have GUI features that could handle stuff like file dialogs. I really don't want to go in that kind of detail I did with Brick Atelier.

I don't know if this is going to happen, but at least I can make some plans on paper of what the user interface should look like.

No comments: