Tuesday 6 June 2023

How RPG Codex forum got rid of me

Remember when Roguetemple forum permanently banned me, because I didn't fit in their woke narrative? I then went to RPG Codex, which is quite a special forum, because it seems to be one of the last places where freedom of speech is not extremely limited by the mainstream (which is now becoming more and more woke) narrative.

Anyway, russians hacked some moderator's password, which I think was 'password' and for that reason Codex forced users to have 2-factor authorization or 2FA. What happened next was probably my bad as well, because I had forgot to change or requested to change my old mbnet e-mail I had for the longest time. So, I logged in and wrote a message where I detailed the problem of having an old, non-functional e-mail where the 2FA was messaged. I asked if they could change the e-mail and gave them my new e-mail.

I got two messages in reply. The first one was a link to change my password(?). I clicked it of course, like everything I get in e-mails. It redirected me to the forums, but the request didn't even work. "Oops, something went wrong etc..." There was also another e-mail that had a notification of a private message, which I can't of course read, because what happened after I clicked the password change link was that my current password no longer works. So, I replied to the message which seemed to have a valid e-mail to reply, but didn't hear anything back.

So, that's how they got rid of me. I think they saw the opportunity and took it. I think the reason was my avatar, no one seemed to like my rendition of Sonic the Hedgehog. Being kicked out of a forum that has pirates, misfits and other weird characters of course hurts a little bit. The main reason I went to Codex was that I could promote my roguelike projects and Brick Atelier, but then again, why even bother? I can just release them and let people find them from my homepage.

No comments: