Sunday 18 August 2013

New project day

It's actually an old project to which I have designed creatures as a starting point. I've talked something about script-based design before and now it's time to try it. It's a new style for me, but of course used in many roguelike projects since ancient days of Angband.

I'm looking at scripting as a tool to plan stuff before writing actual code. The script is a plan which becomes data when parsed.

This is also a good time to try new SDL 2.0. It's somewhat different than 1.2, but should be manageable I guess. It's better practice with a new project and then use the gathered wisdom to spread on older projects which I think will be converted to 2.0 sooner or later.

This new project is also going to be a roguelike. It has a cool basic idea or theme that I believe will carry over the usual development trouble swamp we all are so familiar with.

No comments: