Tuesday 28 May 2019

Realtek LAN problem solved

Remember the Asus Prime H370 Plus' Realtek Lan unable to connect to internet? The actual problem was that not even Asus knows the lan chip in their motherboard is Intel I219V, not a Realtek. The installation program in original driver CD has the proper driver and I found out that just by trying it, even they often have outdated drivers. The new computer doesn't have a CD drive, but my old has, so I copied everything from there to usb stick.

I've been thinking to create just one blog for my ramblings, but maybe later. The new plan for Teemu and other projects is that Teemu is going in github, but maybe not Kaduria, at least not yet. Not in the development stage. It makes more sense, because Teemu has always been "open" source (the source code is available).

The new PC is nice and fast, but it still does have couple of problems. Since the case fans are DC type (three pin) they for some reason can't be set less than 800-900rpm so they are quite loud. The processor is running average 30C temp, so it's cold and I guess doesn't need case fans to run that fast. So I need to get quality PWM case fans. Another stranger thing is that when I turn on power from switch outlet the lights in the keyboard lit and they stay on (caps and scroll lock lights) until computer is turned on, then they start to work as usual. It may be even some kind of grounding issue, but I have no idea what it is. Related problems when googled are opposite, when people turn off the computer the keyboard lights stay on. But in this case the computer is not even turned on, just the power.

No comments: