Friday 5 July 2019

Dragonet

Taking off some time from my other projects and starting a new one. With this I'm going to follow different rules than before. It's a traditional RPG rather than a roguelike, but it's going to have some random things. The actual idea is in the implementation with these rules:

1. Completely class-based without public data (only public interface).
2. Inheritance first design.
3. Everything is programmed as a function to a required gameplay feature.
4. External data with parsed dynamic instances.

I think rule 1 is going to be broken in some places, but not inside classes. Mostly in global instances I guess. I think 3 will be an interesting one, because it's the opposite I've done this far. I've always added features without planning them that much and maybe it's one of the reasons I've spent a lot of time wondering how to put everything together.

No comments: