Saturday 1 October 2022

The idea I had from a dream

I saw a strange dream and realized it could be a game idea. Everyone and their dog has ideas, but this one is really good, I think. Obviously not going to tell what the idea is, but have a strong feeling this is going to be my next game project. I did already have a plan to create more traditional role-playing game rather than yet another roguelike and this is it, this is the idea for that game.

Teemu's level generation is more or less ready, after I guess 12 years of development. But it's only for the physical "topology" of levels. Game object generation is next on the todo list and then the game should be ready, that's how roguelike development works. I hope Teemu 1.3 is released even within this year, or early 2023.

I have health problems, but I don't yet know what it is. I'm trying to get into health care, but it has been weirdly difficult, because we have (I live in a small village, everyone from one knows what I'm talking about) a strange doctor (sadly, not Doctor Strange) who thinks diagnosing a patient is not that important. I know something is wrong, just have to find out what it is. If it's fatal I don't want my projects to end up in the hands of woke developers, let's get that out of the way first. I want roguelikes that have more features, not less.

Then we have the energy crisis, and we could even have a war. Fun times.

No comments: