Saturday 5 June 2021

My short Reddit visit

So I went to Reddit as username Ecirk and after I think 5 posts two of them were already deleted. The other was deleted by "automatic" spam filter and another one just disappeared. No explanations why. I think "they" realized it's me after they figured out Ecirk is Krice backwards. It's hilarious how petty these people are and how they run the show in social medias.

Reddit's rogulike dev would actually be quite ok if it did accept everyone in which it doesn't. You can also argue about Reddit's "social media" -style with some kind of arrows to vote something. I never understood up/downvotes, I just want to write messages with text that has some kind of meaning, you know, communicate with people. Most users are ok I guess, but it's those social injustice warriors and their ban hammer that ruins the day for everyone.

I predicted something like this would happen and was obviously right, as always. The problem in moderation is that somehow it's occupied by people with some ideology. I don't know how we could even prevent that other than removing moderators, but then the forums would fill with spam I guess. I'm just baffled about why they try to silence everyone with common sense? What they try to achieve with that? We know it's not going to be a brave new world if these people get to decide political issues etc. It's going to go south fast and hard.

I wont miss Reddit, it's like a forum but the ui is crappy and if you have "wrong" opinions it's impossible to bring them out without getting smashed by a ban hammer. I've sometimes laughingly stated that I will end up in rec.games.roguelike.development by myself and those arabic spammers. It will still be better than anything else we have.

No comments: