Thursday 8 June 2023

It's so cold

The beginning of the summer has been unusually cold in Finland. This is a cold, almost arctic country, but we usually do have short but relatively "warm" (around +20C) summer compared to other seasons of the year. But it's certainly not here yet, today it's +9 and last night was even colder. It's raining, so the sun doesn't warm. It's quite brutal, because most people have already turned the heating off. I'm wearing my trustworthy norwegian wool socks I got as a Christmas present couple of years ago.

I'm working on Legend of Saladir, trying to fix stuff for a release. I still don't know what the original author is thinking about this, because I have not asked yet for permission to release the source code which is already remarkably different than the original one. The state of the source code is ok, but I really have to code a new inventory routine to replace the old one which I simply removed completely, because I could not refactor it. Sometimes it's better just rewrite it, if you know what the thing does.

I'm actually thinking about finding yet another roguelike project to work on.

No comments: