Wednesday 3 December 2008

Serialization part 3

I'm testing the save and load game routines. Loading doesn't work, which wasn't that much of a surprise. It's giving me out of bounds error with std::string. It seems that I have to use a debugger for this one, which I rarely have to do, because usually I'm writing bug free code. I'd like to know more about Visual C++'s debugger, because I'm not that familiar with it. It seems to stop when player's data is loaded, but the traceback information shows that it's breaking in Level's load routine. Go figure, but stepping through the code should clear the confusion when it's actually crashing.

I already programmed today more than two hours so I think I'm going to do something else like home page for the game, so it's already there when the game is ready.

No comments: