Wednesday 18 December 2013

New fonts and stuff

The stuff has been an attempt to re-write the message routine. How hard it can be? I realized that for re-displaying the messages when screen is redraw you simply display 5 (or less in the beginning) messages from the list. It's really that simple.

The problem is again the repeat count for each message which doesn't count as an actual message, but should be displayed while not increasing the line count. Maybe I try to do something too complex for it, but I can't make it work. Maybe it's already there when message is added to the list, I just should record the number of messages displayed at each turn and if more than zero then re-display it.

I'm sure it wont work no matter how much my logic says it will. Besides I still have to solve what happens if there are more than 5 messages per turn, in which case -more- should wait for rest of messages.

New fonts are cool. The size is optimized for full HD resolution, but for laptops and smaller resolution there will be smaller font option later, hopefully using the new font in smaller size. There was some pixel editing to get the original monospace fonts to fit in their actual grid (and also changing some ugly letters), so much that in fact I created a new set of fonts.

No comments: